The Shiloh Christian Community Church was born and founded out of the vision of the late Rev. George W. Baynard, in 1948. With humble beginnings, services were held in the basement of the Emmanuel Christian Community Church in historic South Baltimore.
After merging with Mount Carmel Church, Shiloh’s membership grew from thirty-six to over three hundred people. After several years of hard work and faithfulness to our Lord, in 1961, Rev. Baynard and his congregation moved to 2500 West Lombard Street.
After the death of Reverend Baynard, GOD sent His servant, Reverend Jimmy C. Baldwin to lead His people at Shiloh. Since 1985, when Pastor Baldwin assumed leadership, Shiloh has flourished and prospered to the Glory of God. The membership is currently over 700 people.
Pastor Baldwin, through his vision, strives to make Shiloh Church a place of "refuge and comfort" for ALL people. Under his direction, 52 ministries and programs have been established.
SCCC moved again in January 2008 to the 825 Yale Avenue location in West Baltimore. The sanctuary is fabulous and the ministry invites the community of Beechfield specifically, and Baltimore city in general, to join us in worshipping and serving God in the beauty of fellowship.
The Shiloh Christian Community Church remains a beacon on the hill, dedicated to preserving the family and serving the community. We are committed to "drawing people to Christ,discipling those for Christian living, developing them for service, and deploying them in mission while demonstrating our devotion to Christ in the process."